Chicken Noodle Soup - Serves a small army
- 14 cups chicken stock - make your own using this method please
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced celery, with leafy green tops (like I told you before, NEVER throw away celery tops!)
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles (I used whole-wheat shells and it was yummy)
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup cooking sherry
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves (I used dried...I'm sure fresh would make this even better)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, optional (Most definitely NOT optional)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, optional (Again, NOT optional. Ignore Paula.)
- Seasoning salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Add carrots, and cook for 3 minutes.
Add celery and continue to cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
Add the noodles and cook according to directions on package. When the noodles are done - add chicken, mushrooms, parsley, sherry and rosemary.
Add Parmesan and cream,
Adjust seasoning, if needed, by adding seasoning salt and pepper.