The new addition is 6 weeks old and I'm just now writing my 3rd post since his birth. If I've only blogged 3 times in 6 weeks, imagine how many times I've done less critical things like cleaning the toilets and bathing my children. Let's just say a few things are sliding right now.
For starters there's the obvious - I haven't been sleeping through the night. We could stop right there. There is a reason sleep deprivation is used as a method of torture.
Last weekend I literally drove away from the house after telling B Daddy I just needed to get out and ended up at the mall. The mall. What the what?? I don't even know that girl.
- It rained for 40 days and 40 nights when God wanted to cleanse the world and start over.
- It took the spies 40 days to search out the promised land and bring back fruit.
- Goliath strutted in front of the Israelite army for 40 days before David approached him in battle.
- Jonah warned the people of Ninevah they had 40 days to repent before God overthrew their city.
- Jesus fasted for 40 days in the wilderness before beginning his ministry on earth.
I am trusting that God has not forgotten his purposes for my life even when these days seem unproductive and even counter-productive.